1,001 Acoustic Guitar Making Tips For Beginners is my brand new book, and it will help you through your first few builds with a lot less mistakes. The tips are quick, easy to understand, and will help you make better guitars. With a list price of $14.95, it’s a deal too. Enjoy.
Guitar Making Tips for Beginners
These 1,001 guitar making tips are designed to help you absorb a large amount of guitar making information in a short amount of time. The point is to get you to where you know what people who have made several guitars already know.
With this kind of beginning, you will be able to make better guitars right from the start. You’ll also make less mistakes along the way.
Most experienced guitar makers already know the things that I explain in the book. But that’s the point. Once you know what guitar makers know, you are in a much better position to execute your first couple builds.
My first guitar was awful, and I really wish that there was a resource like this available at the time. Had there been somewhere to turn that had a ton of great information in one place, my build would have come out much better. This head start would have been great, which is why I now offer it to you.
Inside 1,001 Guitar Making Tips for Beginners
1,001 Acoustic Guitar Making Tips For Beginners is broken up into sections that address each part of the guitar. There are chapters for each part of the structure (top, back, sides, neck, bridge, ect.) as well as finishing, inlay, and tips on the first build in general. There is a lot to read, but each tip is quick and easy to apply.
- The first chapter is all about the first build. These tips are going to help you make good decisions, and avoid some common pitfalls. It’s helpful in the beginning to know a little about what to expect. This will help to alleviate some of the stress that comes with making an instrument for the first time.
- After that first important chapter, each piece of the guitar is discussed in its own section. The tips on the top, back, sides, neck, and bridge are all meant to help you when it comes to that particular stage of the build.
- Next, a full chapter in inlay and binding tips will help you embellish your guitar without affecting the tone or ruining the instrument. This is important for new woodworkers as well as seasoned professionals. New woodworkers will find easier alternatives for adorning the instrument. Experienced woodworkers will learn the limits of what they can change.
- Finally, a chapter on finishing and repair tips that help you lay down a great and long lasting finish. This is one of the most confusing parts of guitar making, and it doesn’t have to be. A great finish can be applied by anyone with a little practice, and these tips will help you get there.
If you have any questions on 1,001 Acoustic Guitar Making Tips For Beginners please leave a comment and I will be glad to answer them. Also, please Subscribe so that you don’t miss out on anything new. Enjoy the book, and happy building.
Additional Information About Westfarthing Woodworks
***Please note that the links to view my book, 1,001 Acoustic Guitar Making Tips for Beginners, are affiliate links, which take you to Amazon. If you buy the book on my recommendation, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. This helps me maintain the website, and continue to operate Westfarthing Woodworks.
While I publish the overwhelming majority of my woodworking content for free, I also have several books available as well. You can see them on my Available Books Page, and they cover several different woodworking disciplines.
Recommended For You:
- Acoustic Guitar Making: How to Make Tools, Templates, and Jigs.
- 25 Best Acoustic Guitar Making Tips
- 10 Step Guide to Wood Finishing (Free PDF)